Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us. With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Job Summary Of Relationship Manager Needed At ABSA
- To manage and sustain a portfolio of Business Banking customers, building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to maximise sustainable risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
- The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development both with new customers and with his/her existing portfolio.
Sales and Service
- Together with CCM conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate).
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, and negotiate pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes using the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Plan and coordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships. Coordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritisation Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Prepare and assess credit applications including personal input of judgmental information on Lending Advisor. Sanction applications within personal discretion.
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using “Condition of Sanction” triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Manage “Early Warning List” customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Day-to-day coaching and co-ordination of Corporate Support staff in provision of consistent service quality and risk.
Risk And Control
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Bachelor’s Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
You can apply for the relationship manager needed at ABSA HERE.