KNUST which is known as Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is a public research university located in Kumasi, Ghana. Here are some things you might need to know about KNUST:
KNUST was established in 1952 as the Kumasi College of Technology. It was later renamed the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology after Ghana gained independence in 1957. It is located in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region which is the second-largest city in Ghana. It has a large campus that covers over 19 square kilometres.
KNUST offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes in a wide range of fields including engineering, business, arts, sciences, and technology. It is ranked among the top universities in Ghana and West Africa. It has also been recognised internationally, ranking in the top 1000 universities globally in the QS World University Rankings.
MUST READ: What You Need To Know About The Amazon Associate Affiliate Programme.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is known for its research excellence, particularly in the areas of science, engineering, and technology. The university has several research centres and institutes that focus on various fields of study. It has a diverse student population of over 50,000 students from different parts of the world. The university has a vibrant campus life with numerous student clubs, sports teams, and cultural groups.
KNUST has modern facilities including state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, lecture halls, and residential halls. The university also has a teaching hospital that serves as a major healthcare centre in the region. It has produced several notable alumni who have made significant contributions to Ghana and the world. Some of the notable alumni include Kofi Annan, the former Secretary-General of the United Nations, and Dr. Thomas Mensah, a renowned inventor and engineer.
KNUST Mission and Vision Statement
MISSION: To provide an environment for teaching, research and entrepreneurship training in Science and Technology for the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana, Africa and other nations.
VISION: To be globally recognised as the Premier Centre of excellence in Africa for teaching in Science and Technology for development; producing high calibre graduates with knowledge and expertise to support the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana and the African region.
ALSO READ: 8 Steps To Be An Expertnaire Affiliate.
How Many Faculties Does KNUST Have?
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology has six (6) faculties, each offering various undergraduate and postgraduate programs:
- The Faculty of Agriculture offers programmes in areas such as Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Animal Science, Crop Science, Horticulture, and Soil Science.
- The Faculty of Art offers programmes in areas such as Communication Design, Industrial Art, Painting and Sculpture, and Textile Design and Technology.
- The Faculty of Built Environment offers programmes in areas such as Architecture, Construction Technology and Management, Land Economy, and Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics.
- The Faculty of Engineering offers programs in areas such as Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Geomatic Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Petroleum Engineering.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences offers programs in areas such as Allied Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory Technology, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health.
- The Faculty of Science offers programs in areas such as Actuarial Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Environmental Science.
What is the admission requirement for KNUST?
The admission requirements for KNUST vary depending on the program of study. Generally, applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and meet the minimum academic requirements for their chosen program. Prospective students can visit the university’s website or contact the admissions office for more information on admission requirements.
Does KNUST offer scholarships?
Yes, KNUST offers scholarships to both Ghanaian and international students based on merit and financial need. Prospective students can visit the university’s website or contact the admissions office for more information on scholarship opportunities.
Does KNUST have a student exchange programme?
Yes, KNUST has a student exchange program with several universities around the world. Interested students can visit the university’s website or contact the international office for more information on the student exchange program.
Thank you for reading our article. Kindly join our Schoozette News Updates on WhatsApp and Telegram for regular news updates.
One thought on “What You Need To Know About KNUST”
Itís nearly impossible to find educated people for this subject, but you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks